Tuesday 15 April 2014

Day 2 and the gaffa tape was called into action for the first time, not for my mouth but for an annoying click that's developed on one of my pedals. Of all the tools I've brought with me, ok a hammer, gaffa tape seems to have done the trick.
You'll also be pleased and amazed to hear my chain hasn't come off again since the first 10mins of leaving my house.
Continuing my success of nearly breaking things I nearly broke the bathroom door to the B&B I was staying at last night. It was one of those concertina doors which I'm sure is simple for the experienced concertina door user but being a novice and in my eagerness to get to breakfast I nearly wrenched it off its hinges. It was one of those concertina doors you have to pull ever so slightly to open, not push with all your weight.
I took a photo of it in case I come up against this version again.

Destination Wales today which promises quieter roads than I've been using so far.
For the statto's out there, just over 200 miles covered so far in about 18hrs which I think is around 12mph...

5 comments:

  1. Are you sure the clicking isn't just your bones :)
    I hope the Welsh don't set fire to your bike. Keep on peddling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon! Those doors are tricky! We get the feeling that the cycling must be going ok so far if its only a door and pedal that have annoyed you! Good luck in Wales and watch out for the sheep! from Louise, Clare and Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go JonO!! Sounds like you're doing alright, other than the chain, pedal, door....
    Hope today goes OK - you can do it! Is 12mph fast for a bike?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep pedaling just keep pedaling....!!

    Great work! Keep going :)
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha sheep ha ha, you're not Welsh are you?

    ReplyDelete